Hello! I’m David Sidwell, and as a multi-talented fellow, I’ve created this site so you can more easily keep track of the various things I do and the things I’ve done. I have had amazing experiences working with fantastic teams!
Looking for Sidwell Communications? It’s my blog all about communications in organizations, including organizational storytelling, public relations, and more!
For my blog with stories about me and my experiences, click on “Stories” above.
For a good rundown of my achievements, click on “Accomplishments” above.
…Or you can just explore!
In case you didn’t know, I’m a/an . . .
- Leader and Consultant for Nonprofit and Arts Organizations
- Arts-in-Education Advocate
- Writer & Published Author
Shakespeare said: “All the world is a stage”—
I have devoted my life and my professional expertise to making the show of life grand and worthwhile in the various institutions for whom I have worked.
I am not content to simply have a job; I want a cause to fight for.
As a talented leader, I am expert in a wide variety of fields, my diverse skills fed by enthusiasm, curiosity, creativity, communication and a goodly amount of elbow grease.
- Public Programs: designed a wide variety of programs in arts, sciences and heritage, most of which have been revenue-producing.
- Event Planning: directed and planned over 100 events for small and very large audiences and many conferences.
- Public Relations: written hundreds of press releases • many television and radio appearances • designed dozens of ads for different media.
- Educational Programming & Curriculum Development: designed effective learning materials for many organizations: StarHouse Discovery Center, American West Heritage Center, Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre, and others.
- Strategic Planning: skilled at helping organizations visualize the future, and then make goals to get there.
- Organizational Storytelling: a professional storyteller himself, he knows the power of story in organizations.
- Arts-in-Education: published papers and given many workshops on how to use the arts in learning.
- Arts-in-Business: the arts are a powerful a force in business!
- Exhibit Design: designed exhibits for a wide variety of fields from science to history to nature to the arts.
In addition to helping businesses and organizations succeed, I am an award-winning photographer and storyteller. I am a theatre director, playwright and artist. I am also an arts administrator and business leader as well a college professor in communications and theatre arts.
With a background that is as deep as it is wide, I enjoy using my experience to help others. Uniting my creativity with my practical backgrounds in business and education allows me to look at organizational situations with a special eye for problem-solving in unique ways that lead to motivating others to succeed.